It’s that time of year again: the days are longer, the sun is shining and flowers are blooming. While all of those things are great, my favorite part of spring is the Vera Bradley Outlet Sale!
The sale begins this Wednesday in Fort Wayne, Indiana and goes through Sunday. Because of work obligations, I can’t make it to the sale until Saturday—but I’m super excited to be going! I’m once again going with my best friend, Elizabeth, but this trip will be a little different because we don’t have to purchase gifts for my bridal shower. Instead, we can focus on shopping for us!
For all of you ladies who are going to the sale this week, I have a few tips to share!
- Bring snacks: If you’re like me, it never hurts to carry snacks in your purse. And since I plan on shopping for many hours, taking some snacks for extra energy is a must!
- Be prepared: Two years ago, it poured the morning of the sale. (You know what they say about April showers!) My suggestion is to take your Vera Bradley umbrella just in case you have to wait outside before getting into the Coliseum.
- Wear comfy shoes: This may be the best piece of advice I have to share. I made the mistake of wearing ballet flats and my feet hated me not only during the sale, but for days after. I would definitely suggest tennis shoes for this event.
- Have a plan and stick to it: Before heading into the sale, think of the items that you absolutely want to purchase. Then, look at the brochure and figure out which tables your “must have” items are located at. Once you have those items secured, then you can browse the rest of the sale for extra goodies without the fear that you might not get the items you really wanted!
- Take pictures: As a PR gal, I love social media. And for all of us with smart phones, why not share your #VBOS14 experience with everyone? So don’t forget to tag Facebook posts, tweets and Instagram pictures with #VBOS14. I will be checking the hashtag feed often to see all of the amazing purchases and memories being made! (And if you want to get really social- tag me, @prettyNpaisley in your tweets so I can see your pictures!)
Check back soon for my full re-cap of the sale and all of my purchases! Happy shopping!!!